Camellia Brand Red Beans and Rice New Orleans-Style
- Rinse and sort red kidney beans. (Optional: Soak beans using your preferred method.)
- In large heavy pot, cook sliced sausage for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped seasoning blend and garlic to cooked sausage, along with 1/4 stick butter, and continue to cook until onions turn soft and clear.
- Add beans, water, and bay leaf.
- Bring to rolling boil for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat, simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally, until beans are desired tenderness.
- Add Cajun seasoning plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.