Instant Pot White Bean Chili
A fast, comforting and delicious Instant Pot white chicken chili recipe that's great for weeknights as well as game day get-togethers.
- Rinse and sort beans.
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot, and add oil. Add chopped onion and sauté till soft. Stir in garlic, green chiles, cumin, smoked paprika, and chipotle chili powder.
- Add beans, broth, and chicken. Stir well.
- Turn Sauté mode off. Cover Instant Pot, twist to lock the lid, and turn the valve to sealing. Use the Manual mode and set to 40 minutes at high pressure.
- When the timer beeps, allow pressure to release naturally for at least 20 minutes. Then, carefully turn the valve to venting.
- Remove lid. Stir well and remove any large chunks of chicken. Shred chicken and add back into the pot.
- Stir in frozen corn. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with optional toppings.
Instant Pot Tips:
* No soaking is needed if you cook the beans for 40 minutes at high pressure. If you do soak your beans, cut the cook time in half (20 minutes at high pressure).
* Always let the pressure release naturally for at least 20 minutes. This should ensure soft beans.
* If the beans are not soft after 40 minutes of high pressure cooking and 20 minutes of natural pressure release, then re-secure the lid, seal the vent, and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes at high pressure.