Richard’s Radical Black Bean Soup
- Rinse and sort beans. (Optional: Soak beans using your preferred method.)
- Transfer beans to a stockpot and cover with water. Add onion, celery, cloves and seasoning meat.
- Cook over low heat for 2 hours, or until beans are very tender, adding hot water as needed.
- Working in batches, carefully puree beans in a blender or food processor, adding pureed beans back to stockpot.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, sherry, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Reheat, thinning with additional water if necessary.
- Serve with thin slices of lemon and egg.