Texas Honey Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Rinse garbanzo beans, also know as chickepeas, thoroughly. Add water and beans to Air Fryer or Instant Pot.
- Set Instant Pot on high pressure for 35 minutes, close valve and start.
- When the timer beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 20 minutes. Then, turn the valve to vent.
- Allow chickpeas to cool, then drain. Set aside 2 cups of the cooked garbanzos. (Store the remainder in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 6 months.)
- In a bowl, combine the 2 cups of cooked garbanzos with the sugar, cinnamon and honey. Mix well.
- Heat the air fryer to 400ºF, add the 2 cups cooked garbanzos and set timer to cook for 12 minutes.
- Halfway through, at 6 minutes, open the air fryer, spray beans with cooking spray, and shake.
- Close and resume cooking for remaining 6 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and enjoy them on their own or use them as toppings on your favorite ice cream